Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Thing #7

I looooooove google earth! Ever since I was young, I enjoyed poring over and creating maps of places I visited. I had fun typing in the addresses of all of the places I've lived over the past 30 years and seeing them again!

I created a Picasa account and uploaded some pictures. I must say that many of these applications didn't really appeal to me, though. I enjoy my privacy and don't like the idea of having to make all of my appointments, pictures, etc., public to people I know. It kind of creeps me out to think that my stuff is out there in the vast interwebs. I also cringe to think of some of the things that students may upload onto such a site if I were to have one for the class.

I created a google alert for "Heart of Darkness," and I'm interested to see what comes of it. I would definitely use this function during the year as I complied lit crit and other information on the texts my students were reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment