Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Thing #8

Oh my, do I like this one! What do I like about the RSS feed...hmm, so much! I like that I can get updates on my friends' blogs and not have to spend time searching around--I just found out a girlfriend is having twin girls! At first, I thought that it would take away from some of the fun of browsing around on a news website, since I like stumbling onto articles I wouldn't read at first glance, but it turns out, it's all there, just sans advertising, which I love! In terms of school, I am not sure how I'd really apply this, unless I had students create their own blogs or webpages or something, and used this to follow them and check assignments. However, it would be cool if teachers, librarians, etc., could have students set up their own reader to keep themselves posted. Also, I liked how the video explained RSS feeds, broken down so that technological neophytes like myself could figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment