Monday, July 19, 2010

Thing #11

Library Thing--very cool site. I'm already a member of goodreads, which is a similar site and I've loved being on that, seeing what friends are reading and receiving good recommendations on it. It would be nice to have this separate account and encourage my students to join so that we could see what everyone is reading, what they like, etc. In AP English, my number one goal is to foster a love of reading, and this type of online community might help. Either way, my big readers would love it!
I actually prefer goodreads for my actual book list, as it's a less cluttered-looking page, but that is most likely due to me being more comfortable with that, having used it for awhile now. Browsing LibraryThing, however, I like their groups more--they seem more interesting and thoughtful--if it weren't for my schoolwork and outside life (ha!) this year, I'd totally join the 75 book challenge 2010!

2 comments:

  1. I should take a look at goodreads. I am so glad you are blogging because I want to do anything and everything I can to work with you this coming year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LibraryThing looks awesome for an English teacher. I think it would encourage students to check out the books their classmates are reading.

    ReplyDelete