Sunday, July 25, 2010

Thing #23!!!!

Wee hee!! I finished! (NOTE: My entries are slightly out of order--I am still waiting for thing #20 to finish upload, but I am leaving for a 2-week vacation tomorrow and must finish this tonight--sorry!)
1. FAVORITE DISCOVERIES: LibraryThing (I'm crazy about reading communities and hope to turn each one of my classes into one this year) and Photo Story (I will no longer be content to post pics on fb or snapfish--they must now be animated and have music to go along with them!!)
2. Wow, it's definitely made me less afraid of the multitude of things that are out there in the interwebs. I would use almost all of these in my classroom, but some are also things that I'll check on or update personally. I also like to know that if I do pick up a new hobby (which is something a lifelong learner would do), there will be a community out there to give me tips and support!
3. I was surprised both by how easy some things were and how difficult and/or time consuming others were...but that may have been a function of my computer and impatience more than the sites themselves. I was definitely surprised by how many great FREE things are out there that I could use in my classroom and that my students could have unfettered access too...but do I really want to be THAT available to my students? Which leads me to...what is the most effective way to use all of my new info? A thrilling prospect!
4. It took me a couple of "things" to feel that I was doing it correctly. Perhaps an intro page that gave the FAQs and THEN the "things" listed. However, this is a small point--overall I found it very easy to follow and I liked that our dates were flexible--I would never have been able to follow a weekly schedule this summer.
5. I would definitely participate; however, I think I'd have to do it during the summer...too much to do during the year and I would probably rush through a lot of this!
6. This professional development course provided me withg the resources and the confidence to explore and utilize a plethora of online learning opportunities.
7. Congrats to everyone else who finished--the blogs look great!

1 comment: