Monday, July 19, 2010

Thing #13

I thought this was a great idea, once I figured out what it was! I signed up for Diigo, since I could use my google account to login. There are a number of ways I could use this with my students--set up collective bookmarks for their research papers, college applications and essays, links to the class blog, etc. Diigo has a special set-up for educators and I applied for that. Once I hear back from them, I can hopefully devise more specific uses for it. I like that this would be a place where students would be able to find information, but it wouldn't be something that I'd have to monitor on a daily basis, like email, since oftentimes, when I get home, I don't check my school or teacher email. I also want to set up a personal account under my personal gmail address, because I often find myself looking for sites that I have bookmarked on a specific computer. This would help solve my frustration! I love that I can set up my own tags for things, since I sometimes forget what I filed something under; this would cover all bases.
In terms of teachers and librarians using it, the obvious things that jump out are help for research. By giving students access to it, there is a great deal of student feedback, which would be good. Also, if a teacher were to assign something like a blog for each student to complete over a set period of time, this would be a nice, easy way to compile those sites together.

No comments:

Post a Comment