Monday, July 19, 2010

Thing #10

I was excited to try the Custom Sign Generator and was looking forward to making a "World's Best Actress" sign for Lady Macbeth, but I had a hard time figuring out how to take out the wrestler picture that was already on the template, so, no go there. I then made a cute alien cartoon reflecting my feelings towards Wednesday (I wasn't particularly inspired that day). I LOVED Wordle and want to find some way to fit that into my classroom this year--maybe as some type of review; have the kids add the words, or give them the words and have them write about their significance or something. I definitely bookmarked that one. Here are links to my images:
http://www.wordle.net/show/wrdl/2238011/AP_Novels_and_Authors

http://www.comicstripgenerator.com/creator.asp?title=The+Wednesday+Greens&text=Hump+Day--what+a+drag!&tag=July+19%2C+2010&fontsize=14&font=comic&color=black&move=&move2=&cartoons.x=146&cartoons.y=14&cartoon=1-eyed-monster&time=1652



4 comments:

  1. I'm not sure why my links didn't go in properly, trying to get that to work...

    ReplyDelete
  2. grr! now they're not there at all!! Help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Third try--the first link works, second one doesn't...stay tuned...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could bring up your wordle but not the other link. The health teacher had me teach his students how to use wordle last year. They did enjoy it. The first one we made was "All About Me." The second one used the vocabulary words from the health unit. I could see from your example that you have already thought of ways to use it in your classroom! Unfortunately, we no longer have a color printer in the library. They are so attractive in color.:(

    ReplyDelete