Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Thing #16

Wikis--Well, I now have tags, diigo, wikis...I feel like I am in an entirely new profession with all of these new names! Wikis are cool; as I said in my post, I just joined one that was recently set up for AP Lit teachers. On it, we can add, edit, and share various documents to help one another with planning and teaching. I wasn't entirely sure what I was getting into, but this "thing" helped me figure it out. There are a few ways I could use this with my students. One way would be to do a neat creative-writing thing, and have them keep adding on to things (sometimes I'll have them re-write the ending of short stories so that would work well). It could be valuable to help them with peer editing and proofreading or with just a general conversation online, regarding books they are reading, have read, etc.

1 comment: