Sunday, July 25, 2010

Thing #22

Ooh, ning for Teachers looks good! As a language arts teacher, I'm always looking for new ideas, feedback on lessons I have, or just a good, intellectual discussion on a poem, novel, or passage I'm teaching (or considering teaching). I love that with a site like this, I can have something that is professionally-based yet also "social," at least in the cyber-sense. I would definitely use this to throw ideas out there to teachers who are teaching the same thing as me. This is definitely one of those examples where the vast numbers of people and resources available on the internet can really make a positive impact in my day to day life. What a rich resource! In particular, I would use it to communicate with other AP teachers. I am on a listserv, but it is overwhelming and I have to wade through an awful lot of things that don't concern me or what I'm teaching. I like that I could lead this discussion but also weigh in on other people's ideas. Oddly enough, though, the first blog I clicked on was by a lady who was an educator but it was not something I would show my students in class...guess not everyone's using it for strictly professional purposes and there aren't as many filters on it as I thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment